Saturday, April 12, 2014

B&W Series: Day 4- Looking Out


Photo Details: Taken with Canon 60D; EFS 18-55mm Lens; ISO 1000; Shutter Speed- 1/80; Aperture f/25; Manual Exposure

As you can probably tell by now, I am a big fan of negative space in my photos. I suppose that is one of the things that is starting to develop into my photography style. Ever since I started taking pictures, and experimenting with different styles or just taking pictures of various things, I always lean towards having more negative space in my images. You can probably see it a lot on my Flickr page as well- view it here.

I had a whole list of things to write about for today's post, but I think I am going to save it and leave it until Monday. Since I won't be posting on Sundays. My mom made the difficult decision to put my childhood dog Stiffler, to sleep today. He developed severe acute pancreatitis, and had diabetes, among other issues they just found after months of trips to and from the vets office. He was my first dog, and if you ever got to meet him, you would know he was one of the greatest dogs to have as a companion and friend. I am so glad my daughter got the chance to meet him and play with him. He was such a happy and fun-loving dog. I am just glad he isn't suffering anymore. It's one of those things you don't think about when you initially decide to get a dog (or any pet for that matter), that one day you will have to say goodbye. Whether they pass from natural causes suddenly, or natural causes that put you in a position to have to make the decision to put him/her to sleep, it is still so difficult.

I was too young to really remember how I felt when my mom's cat passed away, but now that I am 27 and the first dog that my family had is now gone, I can tell you it is terribly heartbreaking.

I'm going to miss you, Stiffler.

No comments:

Post a Comment