Friday, April 25, 2014

B&W Series: Day 9- Morning Dew


Photo Details: Taken with Canon 60D; EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens; ISO 100; Shutter Speed- 1/250; Aperture f/4

This is my husband's tomato plant growing away in our backyard. I never realized how quickly tomato plants grow, growing up I never really paid attention to my mom's vegetable garden, but wow, they grow fast! Hopefully little tomatoes will start coming in soon! He's also got a couple green pepper plants coming in as well. I never knew he had such a green thumb with vegetable plants. :)

While doing this black and white series project, I have noticed that it is a lot harder to get everything leveled correctly while shooting in manual mode. To have the blacks, whites, and greys come out the way I picture it to be. I've been trying my hardest to get it right, and I know it's still going to take awhile, but this project is really helping me learn more. I have always been afraid, or more like ignorant of shooting in full manual. A lot of the time I shoot in Program mode. Basically, the camera will determine the shutter speed and aperture. I can still choose ISO, white balance, focus point, etc. While on that subject, finding the correct white balance for what I am photographing, is another thing I am striving to get better at. I am saving the previous link about white balance to reference in my upcoming photos. It is very informative!

Anyone have suggestions that helped you with working in manual mode and with white balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment